ECTA Training and Assessment are currently recruiting for a highly motivated industry expert in Smart Metering who possesses extensive knowledge of Dual Fuel meter installations. This varied role will suit a highly driven, organised individual who wants to work as part of a great team and provide an opportunity to train and assess candidates looking to gain their first steps into the metering industry.
Location – Bromsgrove
Salary: £30,000 – £33,000 basic plus bonus
- Carrying out training/assessments in accordance with ECTA assessment specifications and correctly completing all compulsory assessment documentation
- Ensuring evidence provided by learners is satisfactory to meet ECTA and awarding body requirements
- Providing objective feedback to the learner about performance and achievement
- Devising and agreeing an assessment action plan with the learner as appropriate
- Completing all relevant assessment forms and returning them to the Internal Quality Assurer
- Help and support candidates with portfolio building
- Receive and act on feedback from Internal Quality Assurers
- Communicate with employers to confirm assessment dates, times and activities
- Attend standardisation meetings and planning meetings with Internal Quality Assurers
- Attend training and personal development programmes as requested by either the Centre Manager or Internal Quality Assurer
- Work according to all awarding body rules, the Code of Practice, the ECTA guidance on internal verification and the standards laid out in the A1 awards.
- Being able to work with candidates from different backgrounds.
- Having good communication skills, with the ability to tailor delivery to different audiences
- Being supportive and patient.
- Being able to work alone or within a team.
- Having good interpersonal abilities.
- Being able to create accurate reports.
- Having interest in helping people to develop.
- Being tactful and tolerant.
- Being able to clearly explain complex topics.
- Being well organised
Applicants must be experienced in Smart Metering Dual Fuel Installation and hold as a minimum CCN1/CMA1, MET1 (Gas Accreditation) D32, D33 or A1 qualified or working towards plus a recognised management qualification (NVQ level 3 or above) is desirable. An adult teaching qualification (Cert Ed, TAQA or PTLLS) would also be an advantage to applicants applying; however this is not an essential requirement.
Successful applicants without these qualifications must agree to undertake training and qualify within 6 months of starting work.
To apply for the position either send your C.V. to Dave Valentine at firstname.lastname@example.org or call for an informal chat on 07496 679036