The Apprenticeship Manager will be passionate about fostering an ethos of continuous improvement across all areas of training delivery. They will possess an excellent understanding of quality assurance, standards, and improvement strategies relevant to adult provision and apprenticeships. They will have the ability to provide strong leadership to colleagues, taking forward ECTA’s strategic aims.
Post Title: Apprenticeship Manager
Reporting to: Company Directors
Key Focus: To implement an apprenticeship programme that will maximise student’s achievements and raise quality standards.
This post is critical to ensuring that our learners enjoy a high quality experience and are supported to make good progress and achieve their potential. The post-holder will therefore ensure a consistent high standard of teaching & learning including ensuring curriculum innovation is in place, leading to an excellent experience for our learners and driving towards outstanding outcomes.
The role will work closely with the ECTA’s training delivery team but predominantly alongside the Directors.
Although this is a post based in Stockport, ECTA have other training outlets and therefore occasional travel may be required.
- Monitor performance and evaluate the quality of lesson planning, delivery and assessment.
- Responsibility for the creation and monitoring of the ECTA’s Self-Assessment Report, Quality Improvement Plan and lead on ECTA’s Curriculum Strategy.
- Plan and lead an annual cycle of education audit activities, produce conformity reports and coordinate the sharing of good practice.
- Manage the lesson observation processes, procedures and reporting and that where appropriate align to the ECTA’s education procedures. Train and standardise the practise of the cross centre observation team where appropriate.
- Accountability for the quality of teaching and learning, success and value added within the curriculum.
- Accountability for the quality of qualification delivery across the training centre, liaising with awarding bodies for quality checks where appropriate.
- Establish and maintain a culture that promotes academic and technical achievement and promotes effective learning and positive progression.
- Line management of staff, addressing developmental needs and challenging underperformance.
- In partnership with other managers develop and implement a wide range of strategies for the enhancement of ECTA’s recruitment, retention and achievement.
- Working with the Senior Management Team, provide and analyse appropriate reports on key performance indicators to ensure the accuracy, timeliness of statistical and financial information for all curriculum areas and funding streams.
- Understanding of how to use data to analyse performance and manage interventions across Ecta Training Centre’s.
- Assist in the planning of a defined curriculum contributing to the strategic planning and development of training delivery.
- Implement and review ECTA’s quality assurance and improvement planning procedures and ensure they are appropriately aligned to the ECTA’s education procedures.
- To co-ordinate all quality assurance aspects of ECTA’s activities, reporting directly to the Directors.
- To produce ECTA’s quality assurance manual and all associated information.
- To manage the self-assessment process, monitoring developments as they occur and devising systems to deal with matters as they arise.
- To promote and maintain procedures and practices which facilitate equality and diversity across all operations and strategic developments.
- Assist on cross projects as appropriate.
- Represent senior management when required.
- Display curriculum leadership skills and act as an effective role model to staff in the performance of their duties, respecting students, staff and all other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with ECTA’s senior and other managers to enable and ensure that all actions taken are in accordance with key policy objectives and priorities of the Curriculum Strategy, Self-Assessment Report, and Quality Improvement Plan.
- Coordinate appropriate CPD to support improvements in teaching, learning and assessment.
- Keep up to date with inspection requirements and provide relevant training to ensure that staff at all levels are aware of the requirements for the achievement of high standards.
- Develop and lead the learner voice initiative, coordinating the collection of leaner views and how these drive up improvement.
- Engage in the implementation of ECTA’s quality systems.
- Show a commitment to diversity, equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practices.
- Show a commitment to ensuring that students learn in a safe environment.
- Participate in relevant and appropriate training and development as required.
- These duties may be amended from time to time by the line manager in consultation with the post holder.
This job description is not an exhaustive list and will require you to undertake any other duties deemed appropriate for the role.
Method of Working:
ECTA expects all staff to work effectively as part of a team or teams, delivering high quality education and support to staff and students. As a minimum this requires dealing with people politely and tactfully, communicating with colleagues and students both formally and informally, offering guidance and information in accordance with ECTA’s guidelines, polices and procedures. In order to do this staff are expected to make themselves aware of the relevant polices and procedures. All staff are required to maintain confidentiality as required.
Considerable importance is attached to the public relations aspect of all work undertaken by ECTA staff. It is a prime objective therefore that staff will at all times project to the public the image to assist wherever possible, and positively promote the work that is carried out across its various services.